Friday, June 20, 2008

False Bay in the morning light

This picture was taken this morning after the cold front of yesterday, please note it was cold and so was I (5 degrees Celsius). Anyways the lights (bottom left) is the Muizenberg beach front, where those coloured huts are. This is False Bay which is situated on the other side of the Cape peninsula +- 20 minutes from Cape Town itself, the emphasis is really on the FALSE part of False Bay as the bay is really too large to be call a bay (see; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_Bay and http://sacoast.uwc.ac.za/education/resources/falsebay.htm)

I am waiting for the clouds and rain to clear to get some better pictures of the huts and the mountain that I was standing on when I took this picture.

Cheers for now, see you in exactly 24 hours - lol.

2 comments:

ananda.tashie said...

Absolutely gorgeous!


When I visited SA, we stayed at a lodge with an after-dark meal outside. I was in a sleeveless dress because I had come from 100+ degree Oklahoma (40s C) so I was going to enjoy the mild temps. People looked at me and said, "It's bloody cold!" - they were literally bundled into coats. :o However, 5C by water really is cold so I can't even tease you (grin).

Unknown said...

Tell me more, where was this lodge? By Northern hemisphere standards 5C is not that cold but us South Africa do not know how to dress up for the cold, the one thing our parents forgot to tell teach - lol.

PS, love your blog.